The Shop will be opening in Phase 2 of Governor Inslee's 4 Phase plan for reopening the state of Washington. As we take the first steps toward recovery we ask that you please consider that almost everyone needs a haircut right now. We anticipate an overwhelming demand for our services and will be working with limited staff. We wish we could make everyone’s hair look amazing right away, but know it will take some time. We understand these new guidelines have an impact on your experience and we appreciate both your patience and understanding.
In our efforts to provide the safest environment for our employees and customers we will have new guidelines for receiving services due to COVID-19. Although these procedures will limit our ability to function as we normally do, we know that helping the community get back to normal is the best thing we can do right now.
- We will be taking reservations by calling and speaking to our staff to get on our list. We will keep doors closed except to allow the next client to enter. You will be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle until called.
- All customers will be required to wear a face mask before entering and the entire time you are in our shop. Any services performed under a masked area will not be available (Beard trims, lip waxing).
- Customers must come alone. Minors (16 and under) may be accompanied by 1 adult and must wear a mask unassisted.
- When you call we will need to take down your number so we can call to let you know when it is your turn. We will also ask the following questions:
- Do you have any COVID-19-positive members in your household?
- Do you have a cough? o Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have fatigue or muscle aches?
- Do you have a new loss of taste or smell?
If you answer “NO” to these you will be placed on our list.
- We will take your temperature (Touchless) upon entering and you must have a temperature less than 100.4*.
- We will have hand washing stations and sanitizer to wash your hands upon entering.
- Social distancing measures will be expected when applicable.
- We ask that you have clean hair and clothes.
- No food or beverages. Please leave any unnecessary items, like bags at home or in your vehicle while receiving your service.
- We will not be able to use blow dryers during this time. If your service requires drying we will use hood or roller dryers to reduce the spread of airborne particles.
- Touchless payments are encouraged.
- Instead of picking up products, please ask an employee for help with any questions you have. The less we touch the greater the prevention.
- Please note we have removed magazines, suckers, and pens as examples of anything unnecessary that requires contact.
- Our employees also have important guidelines to follow and will be screened before each shift.
These guidelines are required by The Shop. Our employees have no ability to create or negotiate these procedures. The Shop has made them in compliance with CDC, LNI, DOH and Washington State guidelines and feels very strongly that these measures will provide the safest environment possible to ensure the safety of not just those who enter our business but any loved ones and community members too.
We thank you for working along with us to help us get back to where we all want to be!